Adapted from Anne Willan’s Look &Cook Fruit Desserts
1. Make sugar syrup using 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar.
a) Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan.
b) Heat until the sugar has dissolved, then boil the syrup until it is clear, 2-3 minutes.
c) Set aside to cool.
2. Grate the zest from 3 lemons.
3. Extract enough juice to make 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice (probably from 8 to 12 lemons).
4. Add the lemon juice and zest to the cooled syrup.
5. Pour the sorbet mixture into an ice-cream maker and freeze until firm, following the manufacturer’s directions.